Assistant Manager-Newsom Seed
Newsom Seed is seeking a full-time Assistant Manager for our headquarters location in Fulton, Maryland. The Assistant Manager will assist with sales, administrative & clerical duties, customer service, and warehouse operations. Practical agronomic and or turf knowledge experience preferred. Must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record. Compensation based on experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the Manager with routine procedures such as deliveries, cycle counts, annual inventory counts, and end of the day procedures;
Provide customer service in a helpful and professional manner;
Respond to inquiries and assist customers with the sale of products over the telephone and/or email;
Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the office.
1. High School diploma and two years of supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
2. Working knowledge of computers.
3. Bi-lingual is preferred.
4. Ability to perform cash and credit card transactions.
5. Practical agronomic and or turf knowledge experience preferred. This would include, but not being limited to landscaping, pest control, golf course maintenance or experience with pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers and fungicides.
6. Ability to learn the operation of the facility.
7. Strong communication, customer service and excellent problem-solving skills.
8. Ability to operate a forklift to load and unload trucks when necessary
9. Strength and dexterity necessary to perform all required tasks, including lifting, stooping, bending, and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Must have ability to lift and move items equivalent to or greater than 50 pounds, climb ladders, and operate equipment.
10. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the position.
Position available: immediately. Please send resumes to Perry Whaley via email: Perry@newsomseed.com
The Maryland Turfgrass Council P.O. Box 389, St. Michaels, MD 21663 Phone: (443) 742-6618