2020 Maryland Turfgrass Conference and Tradeshow- VIRTUAL
Due to Covid-19 the Maryland Turfgrass Council has been working the University of Maryland to still bring you a top-notch educational conference, but VIRTUAL!
We know many of you depend upon us for your Pesticide and Fertilizer Applicator License re-certifications for not only MD but also for DC, DE, VA, WV, PA. In an effort to help support the turf industry for our entire state as well as others we are attempting to expand licensing re-certifications to include NJ & NY. CEU’s for the Golf Course Superintendents Association, Sports Turf Managers Association, and DNR’s Tree Expert Licenses will all be available.
The 2020 MTC Winter Turfgrass Conference and Trade Show will be virtual starting on Dec. 8th and continuing through December 10th.
We are working with a professional conference recording company from NY to provide you a program which will be familiar to what you normally see but with more flexibility and benefits. Below are a few of the highlights that you can expect to see for this year.
- We are doing a virtual conference so you can attend from the comfort of your office or your living room.
- We will have the usual 3 tracks on Dec. 8th (Golf Managements, Lawn Care Management and Sports Turf Management) which you can attend from 8 to 3.
- We have nationally renowned speakers including Dr. Brandon Horvath, Univ. of Tennessee; Dr. John Sorochan, Univ. of Tennessee; Brad Jakubowski, Penn State Univ; Joe Doherty, Univ. of Maryland; Geoff Rinehart, Univ. of Maryland-IAA, Logan Freeman, Mountain Branch Golf Course; Elliott Downing, US Golf Association and many many others you won’t want to miss.
- We will have interviews with our vendor sponsors between each speaker and during a ½ hour “lunch break” to keep you informed. Plus, there will be a vendor page where you can click on anyone you would like to specifically speak to. Each sponsor shall receive an attendees list.
- If you cannot attend on the 8th, or if you would like to watch other speakers of a different tract, or you want to send your crew but not all at once, you can do that on Dec. 9 or Dec. 10, anytime day or night provided they are registered.
- For each speaker we will be utilizing “Chatbox”. This will allow the speakers to receive and answer all your questions. The presentations on Dec. 8th will be live and the speakers will be able to answer your questions in real time. The presentations on Dec. 9th and 10th will be repeated from Dec. 8th.
- Discounted Prices for Members
Early Registration from now until November 23, 2020
MTC Member: $45 Non- MTC Member:$90
Registration November 24- December 8th, 2020
MTC Member: $65 Non- MTC Member:$120